Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WSW

 this place is legendary
and for good reason
it's a place of art making
right out of the70's
(the good 70's)
i love it here, 
love the studio space
 love, LOVE the funny painting in the guest teacher apartment
 the head shots in the hall
 this one is for hannah
 and the blue nosed friends, too.
 we haven't been blue yet, but india ink and black walnut
and osage orange and red ochre and indigo inks are here.
we're working on madder.
making marks on paper, big, small
fine and not so fine.
this is kozo dyed with lotus leaves that kate brought
from her stash.
 weaving lokta shifu on new stumps
 i have three lefties in my class and one 14 year old!
 a happy susan mills
 the whole class here
my mess front and center.
it goes wonderfully quiet
as they begin
focus, fold, cut, 
working on their first bit of shifu
HURRAH!
 the neighborhood is historic
 and interesting.
 our apartment
 the wall
 art farm
 art farm
 paper/brick
my housemate, nancy diessner
has some of the same
interests as do i.
she rocks!

17 comments:

  1. now that looks like a lot of fun. Maybe it is hinting at the Gramps? x te

    ReplyDelete
  2. THREE lefties, what a gift!!! i loooove seeing WSW through your eyes. everyone is so hard at work and happy, including you. joyful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trace, that *could* be right! hope so!
    aimee, it's all you said, and more. and my class is just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fine place, it fills me with longing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. michelle, it does have a piece of nostalgia, these wonderful, beautiful women working together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Velma! I have been missing my blogs lately...where are you??? and where ever it is I wish I was there creating! I am in a quiet, non-creative place this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. cait, wsw is in rosendale, ny. i'm the closest i've been to nyc since i was a kid! you would love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Glad all is well. 4th to last pix: I thought, on first reading, the caption stated: ant farm!
    Hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful place to be working at

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a little piece of heaven, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. claudia, we have seen a few ants, and aunts, too. see you soon.
    india, it's pretty cool
    jean, it's good, and thank you my dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY! As soon as I saw your picture of this building I declared out loud (to myself!)…..I've been there!!!! I took a printmaking workshop at WSW many years ago……and have very fond memories of this place, touring the Kingston home of R & F Encaustics, and the surrounding countryside. What a great place….and so happy you are holding down the fort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, marianne, (i betcha i'm spelling that wrong) it is a cool place still, and the other teaching artist was a printmaker--they were doing nifty work in photopolymer... it's still a fab place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. V - Beautiful place and beautiful people - what more can you ask for. B

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *