Saturday, January 4, 2014

care

 sometimes another person
saves you
and they don't even know it
 sometimes
someone knows exactly 
 what will raise the spirit
restore.
a book of images
silver, cloth, paper
(three women)
to examine, perhaps with a lens?
 your eyes
a hand lens
a sherlock style glass!
and change your seeing
 on my table
these things
join the books in process
i am happy to follow where 
the books will lead me,
even a tiny one
especially a tiny one
to wear over my heart.
thank you
roz.
yesterday friends
reached out to me
you know, sometimes you need that
more than you even imagine.
there was a bear
a drum
a hawk,
words, prayers, even,
and winter
all visited me leaving
images that keep me alive.

15 comments:

  1. such beautiful talismans, Roz is a treasure on the planet and so are you Velma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A feast for the eyes.....though my fingers are twitching to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy more care than you thought, and more where that came from dear Velma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caring counts.
    So you are the lucky one with this beautiful gift from Roz's hands! Love the circling feather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all so engaging and lovely for heart and mind. Love sent in the form of small things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ms, yes. thank you
    nancy, yes. there's a trade in the works
    sweetpea, agreed
    leslie, yes. small is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what she has made for you ... Her talisman charms are so intuitive for each one of us . I feel soo blessed . My mine too arrived at a most needed time .
    I feel blessed to be a part of this community of artist .
    Jude has been the connection for me . Speaks volumes of her .
    Thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  8. V - gifts are a beautiful thing - but gifts with meaning and spirit are special as this gift is. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. kathy, jude is a witch woman whose magic is huge. and roz, well, she just might be another!
    barry, i remember a wonderful leaf gift…!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful,precious gift and I see the shifu pile is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, jean, these small bits keep piling up, then i make a book, piling up, then i make a book…no end in sight yet.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *