Wednesday, September 29, 2010

thankful

i AM so thankful that i can once again access my images. so this was the view from my back door three days ago. it's already changed.
aimee sent me several bits of her current work, pieces of ideas, pieces of eight. for they are truly treasures. i love the pieces that are leftover or extra or samples. they show me how the mind is working and i never feel bad playing with the samples i get. and, anyway, this piece of paper is just like this rainy weather we are experiencing this week. gray, rainy, lovely. maybe a bit sad. lord willin' and the crick don't rise (we are under flood warnings) i will get some photos of the most recent lokta spinning. all this humidity means lovely papr spinning.you'll see, soon!

9 comments:

  1. the view from your back door is changing as rapidly as mine. you have some beautiful trees there, what's the pink one? k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for pictures! and still so happy about the spinning going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kaite--the pink is a young black cherry, a lovely hardwood tree very prolific in the north country. my floor loom is made of black cherry...

    spinning always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you save the cherry leaves for me pleeeease?
    great dyeing potential. also the bark and branches in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jude, here, too.

    neki, i'll save you some, but you have to come and pick them up!!! have you used black cherry? my loom and some of my weaving tools are bl. cherry, but it's great heat (firewood).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you are "back up and running". Have missed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, glad things sorted out... I see you have a lovely little patch of asters in front of that wall. I've been encouraging all the ferns and asters around my house, the folks that lived here before me were big on weed whacking. They missed all the subtle whites with tints of blues and violets on the tiny woodland asters.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *