Thursday, October 14, 2010

later thursday...

this one is the largest rock book, and the first found cover. to put it in perspective, the leaves to the left of the bottom cover are about three inches long. i can only hold one half at a time!
some rock book pages.

and today i found out that i will be getting an sos grant, special opportunity stipend grant from the new york state arts council to help with my costs for the upcoming show at the st lawrence county arts council. i am so grateful because now i can frame several of my woven photos properly!

14 comments:

  1. yep, and it's enough to really help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the grant, Velma. How awesome! I can't wait to see your show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more info soon--but please come to the opening...unless you ar edoing open studios?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing open studio, my basement is too scary to let the general public visit. I'd love to come to the opening. I will actually write it on my calendar so that there is the possibility that I will remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It always wonderful to learn of the good fortune of other artists. Also love that rock book - it's amazing; and the size/scale is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. V- Congratulations on the grant - not always easy to come by these days. And I just have to say it - this book of yours is really going to be a weighty tome. Looking forward to seeing photos of the finished book. Will it be an inside piece or left to 'age' outside? B

    ReplyDelete
  8. f&b-it is heavy, a weighty tome, indeed! ha! barry i had thought about doing an environmental piece...your question brings that thought back. a snow installation, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *