Sunday, May 9, 2010

moms

my mom has been dead a long time now. but i remember her clearly and with much love. she had the grace to allow me to be myself and supported me through my choices and drastically different life than her own. she is my model for my mothering. 
i am lucky to have one kid of each kind, ian and hannah. we have had rocky times, but we are fine together. i love these beautiful twenty somethings. i am so lucky. 


snow today. quite a bit. woodstove on. reading quietly. a good day.

5 comments:

  1. You are lucky indeed to have had the joy of such a good mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe those 21 years, short as they seem now, were my great good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. velma...i admire your snow in May attitude.
    that would NOT be me. need the heat.

    moms, yes. model for mothering, yes...my
    mom is still living and all the things you
    said about your mom...the complete OPPOSITE
    would be true about mine, all along and to
    this day.
    so I guess this is modeling too, in that
    my kids and I have created quite a different
    kind of love between us on our own. and that
    feels very good.
    for Mothers Day, I wish you warm winds to melt
    your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in educationese they call it a non-example. a negative example is still an example. i know how lucky i am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy Mother's Day to you Velma, thinking of you as you remember your mom this day. How beautiful is the snow on the ferns? I hope it does warm up for you soon tho!
    xo,
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *