Friday, May 28, 2010

twitch rules

my nephews had some odd nick names, and rich, the one closest in age to me, has a brand new endeavor: the natural history center. rich, his wife natalie, daughter anouk will be there, and so will my daughter hannah, who is earning money for grad school in bar harbor this summer.  i wish i could be there, too. so if you're going to maine (and who wouldn't be? me!) check out their new place. better yet, go birding with rich. blogger won't let me put his invite here, but there's a grand opening tonight at the shop.


here at home, i'm playing with color and textiles and books. 

it's soooo much greener than here! chartreuse, even
i used india's "ice flowers" technique on milk protein mordanted cotton 

4 comments:

  1. Velma, you create such amazing textures!!! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I need to try that ice cube trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. get your hands on india flint's book ECO COLOR. she's my inspiration and guide into new dye places

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *