Thursday, February 10, 2011

 i was grateful to see the sky shining bright as i drove home after school. 
the cloud bank was far enough south to not bring more snow. 
but it was windy and cold, beautiful.
a new arrival at my neighbor's. 
i saw two new calves. 
they tickle me, and all of the cows came over to see me. 
i had no goodies, but i told them they were very very beautiful.
my mailbox had a couple of surprises...
a note from a duck(!), 
and the catalog for the threads of feeling show. 
if only i could get to london to see this thing. 
indeed, the book must suffice!
 the latest hand/eye online has another wonderful article 
by wendy golden-levitt. 
you can see the hands of some of the children she works with, 
and some of the textiles that help them do their work.
and a shifu book.
some big snow.
the top three feet of the chimney came down in a huge ice storm in1998, i think.
brought down buy the grandfather maple that you can see the remains of. 
 a third of the tree became firewood last year.
 today it's crotch high.
i did walk into the yard, briefly, before i walked wendy.
the depth of snow is almost frightening without snowshoes on.
i have a feeling that this catalog will be a challenging thing to read.
but i will begin tonight. 

7 comments:

  1. love wendy's article! thank you for sharing, and for being part of the artists who make the healing possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I imagine that catalog will be challenging, but amazing as well.
    Beautiful cows, love the gray color. And I know what you mean about the snow. I left a bucket of compost at the start of the snowbank, thinking that I might be able to walk to the compost without snowshoes... RIGHT! Amazing, I gave up after my first step. Tomorrow I'll go out on snowshoes the 10 feet to the pile... unless the critters have discovered the bucket and spread it around for me already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to imagine what it would be like to trudge in snow.....


    trying....

    trying...

    .... failing

    I can much more easily appreciate the calves (we have new baby calves here too this week - so delightful!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aimee, it's a huge thing, a
    velerianna, there was a hint of fear in that huge frustration, the cows are all black, the brilliant sun made them grey
    ronnie, don't know what to compare it to...but in hip high snow you are more restricted than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is bright and beautiful in your neck of the woods. I know it must be very difficult to walk, thigh deep in snow, but I would love to try it today instead of flopping about in the South African heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Velma...you won one of my 'threads of feeling' brooches! If you could possibly send me your name and address, I will pop in post to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. note from a duck looks a little stormy. I seriously considered a quick flight to London to see threads of feeling and then commom sense-and my bank account-took over. Can't seem to find a copy of the catalog, hoping they will reprint or become available later--lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *