Sunday, October 30, 2011

fiber and books

over on the book arts list serv
tirelessly maintained by peter verheyan
a message came through:
~~~
Many of you know how obsessed I am with collecting, researching and making book-shaped objects. In my collection I have many sewing-related objects. Recently, I've been making some tiny felted book-shaped pin cushions in historic binding styles. I have a little edition of 15 (all different) and can make custom, even monogrammed ones. If you are interested, let me know I have some photos. They'd be a good holiday gift.
~~~
well, i had to write and see: 
then i wrote back 
asking about their colors:
these are perfect gifts for the sewing/book obsessed
tiny medieval book pin cushions
email her at:
tell her i sent you!
 i sure do think they're nifty
~~~
and there's another pin cushion i just saw and liked:
http://kaiteyarngarden.blogspot.com
needle book and pin cushion combined
mindy, kaite; brilliant!
mine is 25 years old, give or take,
and not in need of replacement.
yet.
from my dear friend susanne



13 comments:

  1. i like these objects best in monochrome...it's a lovely image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun...! If I sewed. I imagine the medieval book pin cushions would also be favorite cat toys, especially sprinkled with catnip. We're in need of new cat toys, 2 ft of snow does NOT excited kitty Pasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pin cushions...I have my Mom's...an object that has traveled from the beginning of time that I can recall.
    But I love these gems indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. v. cute (I'm putting my hand up for the monochrome club too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. V-at first I thought the grey and white ones were part of your rock book collection.B

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, lovely. magnificent colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aren't they fun, everyone? barry's right, they are (the sweet and good) cousins to the rock books. they are great in b&w, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute! working something that small takes time and patience. thanks for the link to kaite, her needle & pin holder is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the link to mine, i'm new to pin cushions as knitters don't usually need them but i'm now discovering how many shapes and sizes they come in, the little mediaeval book ones must be a delight to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kaite, i thought everywoman had a pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *