Friday, July 12, 2013

learning reflection

 in salida
there wee hints of rains
that swept over
 there were rooftops
 a reminder "we are here" on the hill
across the river from town
and how really dry this high desert is
 this place, richard's old shop
 i went into every day
and worked
 and i just made samples
and samples
 and journaled
 i would see this early
and be reminded
 and cook up a few plants
in roberta's pots
 tragically stained
 origami book
rice grass
more samples
shop door
another shop door
habu paper and silk
moroshifu
i made a new stump loom
or two
susan's yard/garden
terraphilia guesthouse
and here.
~~~
i'm settling back into the north
at first my skin was grateful
and i have also
packed my classroom and my office for a move.
mowed the grass twice!
caught up on sleep
rejoiced in the lightning bugs
have been tickless (so far)
seen friends and heard the news

that diary page above
is now thread
waiting to be woven.
i was without my macbook
for three days,
so i've been a little quiet here.
but i'm back!

9 comments:

  1. such contemplative landscapes...empty simplicity is conducive to reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ms, it was quiet and empty...i'm not used to THAT much!
    debbie, yes, that yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, MY, that habu stuff! but mostly, WOW to how much work you got done in that sliver of rich time and space. so glad to have you back east but they were lucky to have you out west for a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo wow! love that little shifu emerging... and the giant 'S' on the hill (oooo you'll see why I like that 'S' ;) ) what a great residency!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back. love the shifu on the stump loom, it looks like it has stitching over the weft?

    ReplyDelete
  6. aimee, you know how good they both are (and you keep my spirits up by reminding me)
    ronnie, it was great, my first ever
    jean, thank you, it does, but it's not! it's such cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was all beautiful...but that last pic...the journal thread really touches me. Love it. I just wove words into a small medicine bag for the first time, so I am really really liking this idea. Thank you for sharing your travels with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nancy, i've been putting messages into weavings forever, early on it was just bits of my hair, this one will be two weeks of my life.

    ReplyDelete

be in touch!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *